PGI 217.7103-1 Content andformat of master agreements.
(1) A master agreement shall contain all clauses required by DFARS 217.7104(a), statute, and Executive order.
(2) The following format may be adapted to fit specific circumstances:
MASTER AGREEMENT FOR REPAIR AND ALTERATION OF VESSELS
1. This agreement is entered into this ____ day of _____________________,____, by the United States of America (the “Government”:) represented by _________________, the Contracting Officer, and ___________________________, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of __________________________ (the “Contractor”).
2. The clauses in this agreement, shall be incorporated, by reference or attachment, in job orders issued under this agreement to effect repairs, alterations, and/or additions to vessels.
3. By giving 30 days written notice, either party to this agreement has the right to cancel it without affecting the rights and liabilities under any job order existing at the time of cancellation. The Contractor shall perform, under the terms of this agreement, all work covered by any job order awarded before the effective date of the cancellation.
4. This agreement may be modified only by mutual agreement of the parties. A modification of this agreement shall not affect any job order in existence at the time of modification, unless the parties agree otherwise.
5. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are set forth in this agreement and the clauses of any job orders issued under this agreement. In the event there is an inconsistency between this agreement and any job order, the provisions of this agreement shall govern.
6. This agreement shall remain in effect until cancelled by either party.
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA